Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Back to reality

This week I have attended workshops for school. It just reminds me that soon it will be time to head back to work. That always bring some dread as well as excitement to begin a new year. This year I will take on a new position as a Title I teacher for reading and math. I am not quite sure what grades I will be working with, but it will be a new adventure.

Jonathan also will begin a new position soon. He will be an account manager for Coca Cola. This is a good move that means not having to get up so early to go to work. Right now he leaves very early which means he often goes to bed before the boys or at the same time. His new job will also not be out int he heat and as much stress to his body. He will begin in early September.

While I have been gone to workshops the kids have gone to Mrs. Bonnie's. They enjoy going there and playing with all the kids. Chloe has done well and has several little friends her age. Mrs. Bonnie will keep Chloe this year. I am excited for her to be around other children her age in a new environment.

The boys will soon be back in school and of course have mixed emotions about this. Kale is the least thrilled about going back to school. In fact, he has told us MANY times that he would like to move to Papa's house to live. Guess he doesn't realize that he'd still have to go to school!

So as our summer winds down, we look forward to the last few weeks. We are ready to head out in the canoe, our church mission project, and hopefully a family trip to Busch Gardens as well as a few other small trips. I also have a few home improvement projects I'd like to complete. So, as sad as we are that summer is coming to an end, we will enjoy the last of it!!

No comments: