Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy birthday, Kale!!!




Yesterday, Kale turned 7 years old!! Wow, it is hard to believe our baby boy is seven--we are getting so old:) We picked up his present on Saturday evening--a basketball goal-- and he was quite excited. Now, if it would just stop raining so we can get it up and he can play. Yesterday, we went out to eat and he had ice cream as we sung happy birthday to him. He is so laid back, he didn't care what we did. He asked about what time he was born and that brought back many memories such as almost not making it to the hospital. I wanted to get everything straight at home first even though I knew the contractions were strong and coming really fast. Then our doctor made us go there first; as soon as I walked in they sent me STRAIGHT to the hospital. Thank goodness, the doctor and hospital were only 2 minutes apart. Needless to say many people did not make it to his actual birth, but arrived after the fact. I was terrified about having Kale and since I was so far along was not aloud any drugs:(( It was ALL natural--I liked the drugs better. According to Jonathan, I was very ugly to the doctors and he apologized over and over, but they understood. It is funny for such a laid back boy, he sure came into the world quickly. Happy birthday, Kale and we love you!!

2 comments:

Pelt Family said...

Love your new blog header. Jon should post actual quotes from the delivery room. I think we would all enjoy hearing them.

Jonathan D. said...

I don't think I could quote what she actually said on here, since it is a public forum. :))

I'll fill you in on the details later but the banter between her and the doctor was priceless.