Friday, December 26, 2008

Catching up before Christmas

Yes, I know I am behind again. I actually like the catching up thing; it goes so much quicker!!Let me catch you up until Christmas and then I'll do that soon and add pictures from all our Christmas activities.

*November 15 we headed to Maryland to Matt and Wendy's for Thanksgiving. Dad was already there. We ate lots of great food, laid around, went down to the water (it was rough and cold), watched football, and preetty much did nothing. It was terrific!!! We spent the night which is always fun. Wendy cooked us breakfast the next morning and then we headed to church. The boys came back with dad later that day. They were out of school the next day and he was going to hang out with them.


*For Thanksgivng, we went to the Toole's and ate with everyone from Pillar. We had a huge feast and lots of good conversation. A great time was had by all.



*On the Friday after Thanksgiving, we headed to NC with the first stop at Papa's. He cooked the normal requested shrimp--you can't even know how good it is until you taste it:) We had fun and enjoyed our time together. The next morning we headed to Nana Jo and Grandaddy's house for another round of food. It's always fun to eat, eat, talk, eat, and well eat some more. It was rainy and cold so it made for soem crazy kiddos, but they managed to have fun.


*December 5, the kids, myself and Jennifer and her kids headed to Blue's Clues Live at a local high school. It was kind of cheesy, but the kids enjoyed it. Free tickets always make things better. Next, we went back to my house and had hot chocolate and cookies before putting the kids to bed. Then Jennifer and I stayed up very late doing nothing. The next day, Jenn and I headed to town to do a little shopping (Jonathan stayed with all 7 kids!!). On the way back it began to SNOW!! I am like a little kid when it snows. I was very excited even though it was very little.


*December 14, the kids were in a musical at Pillar Church. Cody played Joseph and Keegan and Kale were Ceasar's announcers. Chloe sang in the choir. The kids were amazing and really enjoyed the experience.


*On the 19th we attended the annual Pelt Christmas party. It was a t Kelly's Ford Inn which is near our house. Becky Castle (one of the boys favorite sitters) made it back into town just in time to keep them. We enjoyed decking ourselves out for the event and hanging out with adults. As always, the Pelt's out did themselves.


Now we are up to Christmas break. Since I am home from school for the next week and all our company will have come and gone, I can catch up blogging and pictures. I'll leave you with one of the kids for now. Merry Christmas to everyone!!!


No comments: