Sunday, July 03, 2011

Birth day arrives:)




Kinsley Blake
March 16, 2011
6 lbs 10 ozs
19 inches
5:28 pm

Kinsley made a grand entrance into the world al little early. I had a gall bladder attack during the wee hours of March 6. At 4 in the morning, Jonathan, the kids, and myself headed to MWH to see what was going on. They quickly determined I was having an attack and needed pain meds. I was extremely dehydrated so it was VERY difficult to get an IV in me. Eventually they did and the rest of the day is kind of blurry. They kept me 2 nights to make some decisions. My OB doctor wanted Kinsley out while the high risk doctor (more so for baby) wanted her to stay in. So after going home and continuously throwing up my doctor asked for an amnio. So the following Tuesday (March 15) I went to have an amnio in the morning. After lots of tears due to the doctor scaring us, we realized there was another issue. My fluid was VERY low. He said she needed to be out NOW! We followed up with my OB that afternoon and she gave us instructions to get our stuff together and head over to MWH to get the show on the road. So we picked up kids from school and headed to hospital. I had to be induced over night. Late that night, the OB (a different one) decided I had pre-eclampsia and started me on magnesium. This stuff was BAD!!

The next morning MY OB came in and I was a mess. She felt really bad and went to talk to another doctor. They both agreed that they did not think I was pre-eclampsia and took me off those meds. By lunch, she was returning to break my water. I slept on and off all morning. I did have an epidural before the doctor came back. My water broke on its own while she was there so they cranked up the meds to get things moving quicker. The kids and mom came in that afternoon along with my sister. My OB came back right after 5 and I was beginning to feel the urge to push. so she said, let's do it! We were cracking jokes during the delivery. It was by far, the EASIEST (and quickest) delivery I have ever had. It felt very natural and I knew what I needed to do. Kinsley came into the world screaming and was perfectly healthy. This was a big deal since she was 3 weeks early. She was laid right on my chest and it was so sweet. I was never allowed to hold the boys so early. Jonathan and I enjoyed our sweet baby girl for a bit before the kids came in. They were super excited to meet their new sister. We were eventually moved to another room where we hung out for the next several days. Both Kinsley and I needed some extra attention afterwards. We were finally able to go home on Saturday.(I had my gall bladder removed at the end of April! )

No comments: