Saturday, August 18, 2007

FINALLY!! Part II

If you read the blog below this one then you know that Chloe has finally turned the corner when it comes to her dad. Yes she will even let me steal kisses from her now. It is an awesome thing and it took way to long to happen, but God is in control of that and I think he built it up so it would make me appreciate it even more.

When I get home from work (especially during the summer when the boys are home) I walk through the door and I'm bombarded by three boys who are running full speed and just want to see their dad and give him hugs. It doesn't hurt that I'm the one who takes them out and lets them ride the motorcycle, but I'll just assume that it's because they missed me greatly and can't wait to see me. Chloe, on the other hand, when I walk in the house will run away in absolute fear. She can't get used to the fact that this man is not there in the morning when she wakes up but comes in and messes with her territory. She is an absolute wreck. She'll see me and take off for her mom where she can find comfort and solace.

So I always joked with her mom that one day I'm going to come in that door and Chloe is going to be the first one that will be running to me to give me hugs. I've seen some progress since we've been home from NC, she doesn't scream and cry anymore, but she hasn't come running when I've gotten home. This past week I came in and the boys were outside playing and Chloe was inside and I walked in and here comes Chloe. She's running full speed and jumps right in my arms. Woo-Hoo. How awesome is that? To see how far she's come is amazing and I'm blessed beyond comprehension.

No comments: