Sunday, April 29, 2007

Devoted Mom

Well we've finally made it home after about 20 hours of travel. We left Taiwan at midnight on Friday and arrived back in Dulles on Saturday morning about 7:30. Needless to say we were and are exhausted. Chloe did amazing on the trip from Taiwan to Los Angeles. We weren't sure how she would do since we left during the time that she would be sleeping but she did really well. However, like the rest of us, she was not in the mood to get on another plane for 5 more hours. The last two hours for her were very difficult to say the least. Since she won't have much to do with me, Jenn had to endure the whole 20 hours with Chloe. For those that have kids you know how difficult it can be holding a kid for an hour let along 20. Every time Jenn had to move or adjust Chloe had to move and adjust and vice versa. Jenn was amazing however. The last two hours were the most difficult as Chloe was nearing her wits end and I'm sure Jen was as well. But her strength through the whole process was inspiring to say the least of how devoted a mother she is.

Jenn will post more about our arrival home, but I wanted to share how thankful I am of her as a devoted wife and mom. Love ya hon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan you are going to make me cry Welcome home
I had something to give you at the airport but forgot and left it in my car.

Hint:
I look like my daddy

Mom and Nama

Tisra said...

Congratulations on arriving home safely. I am one of those moms who knows the difficulty of flying with kids. Although- the longest we've done was 12 hours to London with three kids. It is surely a test of endurance and strength, especially with a little girl who is still getting to know you. But, what other choice do you have, right? You have to press on through to get home. And, then, isn't it something- when you step off the plane and the journey is behind you, aren't you able to say "that wasn't so bad"? Ha. At least that has been our experience. :-) I hope for you all that you get some sleep and that the jet lag leaves quickly.

Tisra
FFC waiting family as of April 2007