Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's Gotcha Day: Dad's style

Well it's about 1:30 in the morning here and I am just a little too excited too sleep. I guess this is how couples feel who are having a planned C-section or something. Anyway, the day is upon us when all that we hoped and prayed for these last 9 months (actual duration of real pregnancy) comes to reality. We've all seen the pictures and we've all come to learn a little more about her each month, but to actually be able to hold her and kiss on her(as much as she will let me anyway) will probably be a little more than this Dad can take.

When we had the three boys it was absolutely the most amazing experience I could have ever imagined. I love these boys more than anything else life could give me. But there is a big difference in the way that adoption progresses. First of all, you get to choose. We have joked many times, with each other and friends, that if Keegan was the one that we had adopted we would be looking everywhere for his birth parents. That kid is crazy and I would want to meet them just to see who he gets it from. Second, you know all about her already (Yeah, I know there's still a lot we'll learn but you get the gist). Her tendencies, when she likes to eat, sleep, and play. That's what makes it seem surreal is that she is only a few miles away, and has been for a few days, and we can't see her. Third, is the fact that we are now in a small fraternity. Full of people who have adopted and know the joys, the hardships and the love that goes along with this process. These are the main differences between adoption and natural childbirth. The one thing that I know through both so far is that no matter whether you adopt or have your own you love them all the same.

So as we come to the final chapter in the prelude to Chloe I just want to express that she is as much a part of our family as our three boys are. Luckily for us our boys don't care anything about the fact that she comes from Taiwan, or that she looks different than we do. All they care about is that she is God's creation and they understand how adoption works in His kingdom.

4 comments:

Cole said...

Congratulations to you guys! We are so very excited for you. We are praying that Chloe has an easy transition. Glad you all made it safe and sound and cant wait for you to meet her. It is very exciteing and we are all waiting to see her in your arms!
Nicole

Pelt Family said...

Davis Family, It has been exciting reading your adventures. It is 8:00 P.M. Sunday evening so in about 2 hours you should have met Chloe. Congrats. Please blog it. I can't wait.

A Daily Dose of Grace said...

Jonathan and Jennifer,

I am completely in tears after reading this entry. I have probably said this dozens of times but I am so excited for you guys! What an amazing experience this is. . .and I feel so blessed to be able to share it with youmat. We love you all so much and hope you know how much support you have from us!

Tisra said...

Congratulations! I have seen pictures of Chloe for quite some time, but her *family* was missing from them. I'm looking forward to seeing her in your arms!

Tisra
adopting from taiwan group

http://lifetrain.blogspot.com
www.fadely.net