Thursday, April 05, 2007

Surprise, surprise!!

I am not a fan of being surprised. So, with that said, I have been surprised not once but twice in the last few weeks.

On March 23, we had a workday at school. It began with a wonderful breakfast and then a staff meeting. The meeting had officially ended, but then Ginger, a friend and fellow teacher, said wait a minute, one more thing. I turn around to see what she is doing and I see a big basket. Ok, I know I am a little slow, but it took me a few to realize it was for me. Yep, my wonderful friends at Riverview had got me!! I was very red and even had a few tears. They had gathered items to fill a basket with different items for the boys (for the trip) and lots of gift cards to buy things for Chloe. WOW, it was a great surprise!! I had lots of fun buying many pink outfits and items she will need. The boys loved the basket full of things for them and were glad to be included.

Now to the second surprise. Last Saturday night, our Pillar women had a scrapbooking night at Recollections in Woodbridge. Jennifer and I had lots of girl time that afternoon. We had worked hard on using all the gift cards I had received. Well, it was time to go scrapbook and Jennifer said it is ok if we are late. I was bugging her to leave the store so we could get to the scrapbook store on time. She was stalling, but I didn't realize why. Finally, we arrived at Recollections (late) and there were all the ladies and the surprises. They were giving me a shower. Once again, Chloe got lots of needed items including a beautiful quilt made by our very own Pillar lady, Mrs. Eileen. I also received an Ergo carrier (which by the way, I had "found" on Friday night, but that's another story). Bonding by attachment if a big deal so we are hoping to "wear" Chloe to help aid in that bonding. Our wonderful friend and cake decorator, Tracee, made a wonderful cake with a picture of the USA and a plane flying to Taiwan. It was too cute!! Thanks to all of our wonderful friends who helped with the surprise and all the gifts. We love you guys and cannot wait for Chloe to meet yal.

No comments: