Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Happy birthday, Cody!!

birthday boy, biscuits, and molasses (and yes, there is a candle in his biscuit)

Today, Cody turned 9 years old!! Wow, that makes me feel lots older and if he keeps up like is he going I am going to continue to feel really old (but more on that in a minute). Cody wanted shoes for his birthday, so we headed to Target this past weekend. He picked out some and was very excited. Today, Chloe and I went to school and had lunch with him as well as served cupcakes that we had made last night. We made chocolate cupcakes with blue icing and topped with sour gummy worms in an ice cream cone!! Woo-hoo!! These turned out very well and the kids really enjoyed these. He is having camp week at school so I also went to his room and checked out those happenings. After school, we all met dad at Cracker Barrel and had supper. Cody chose the place and was quite excited to eat fried okra and broccoli:)) Then, we returned home. My baby is not such a baby anymore:(


Now, back to me getting older . . . On Monday, we worked in the yard all day. We had worked and played and rested and worked and played. . . well you get the picture. Cody was climbing a tree and needed to come down. On his way down, he slipped a little and came down with his leg on a little piece sticking out of the tree. We were on the other side of the yard and he yelled he was bleeding. I looked up and realized he was bleeding quite a bit so I took off after him. When I reached him, I knew it was serious so I hollered for Jonathan while I got Cody in the house. He was going crazy and we were having a difficult time calming him down. Finally, we just put him in the truck and they headed to urgent care. Jonathan said once he left, they started talking and he was much calmer. At urgent care, his leg required 12 stitches!! He was quite the trooper and they stopped and got milkshakes before coming home. For now he is fine only not happy that he can't swim, run, and will miss all field day activities:((( So, this is his second set of stitches plus he has broke his wrist 2 different times and he JUST turned 9!!! Is this just the beginning?!?!?



No comments: