Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Kayak + Boys = Lots of fun for Daddy









I have been wanting a kayak for years and this past winter I was finally able to purchase one. I decided on a good used one from the local river tours shop. They buy new ones every year and sell the one year old ones for more than half the price. So this past Monday I was finally able to get it in the water. I took the first run around the lake by our house. It was exactly what I thought it would be. The boys were swimming while I went for a quick run by myself and when I returned they were ready and waiting for their turn. I abliged, and we had a great time. We saw ducks, geese, and many fish popping the surface of the water. It was a great experience. So now the boys and daddy have something else they do together to spend some quality time.


As a add on to this post, we went out again this afternoon. Not only did I enjoy this with the boys again, but Jenn and Chloe had fun as well.

1 comment:

R... said...

I love to kayak! This looks like so much fun!