Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cherry Point Air Show

Growing up, my dad often took us to the air show at Cherry Point. It was always lots of fun and exciting to see the machines and equipment up close. We were always allowed to try everything out. Well, I thought it would be great to go with dad and the kids to check it out. I was sure it would be completely different than it had been. I prepared myself for this so I would not be disappointed. Boy was I WRONG!!! It was just like it was when I was little. The only thing that was different was it was EXTREMELY hot and in our pictures from the past, we wore coats to it. Even with the heat, the kids had fun seeing everything and climbing in tanks, planes, helicopters, and such. The Blue Angels were the highlight at the end. The boys thought it was really neat to see the performance. Chloe was not a fan of this as it was very loud and she just wanted to sit back in the car. Next time, we will have to bring head phones for her. Of course, we hope they change dates so it is not so hot. The kids also enjoyed riding the ferry to and front eh air show. Jonathan and I enjoyed eating real barbecue--wow, it was good. And of course, dad fixed his wonderful shrimp. The boys and Chloe washed my car on Saturday morning while Jonathan and I slept. They also picked squash, raddish, zucchini, and other veggies. That evening, they dug potatoes. They have such fun at Papa's house:)

1 comment:

Pelt Family said...

Davis Blogs are back! Keep them coming.