Friday, July 11, 2008

One proud Papa

As most of you know, Keegan decided that his sport of choice for this year would be baseball. I must say that I for one am very glad of this decision. It has brought back a lot of memories of when I played "America's pasttime" back in the day. I was lucky enough to have a great teacher and mentor of the game as my coach...my Father. So with that said, I didn't sign up to be his coach this year but after being out there for a few games and practices I think I might be getting that itch.

I wasn't sure how Keegan would adjust, as he has never really played a whole lot. But he has come a long way. He had two hits last night with runners in scoring position and he also had the chance to throw out three base runners. He fielded all three just like a professional. The first runner beat out his throw. The second runner the first baseman dropped the ball. And the third runner he threw out by a mile. You should have seen the excitement on his face. Needless to say I was one proud Papa.

I think I'll be in the coaching saddle before long. With all my other hats I wear.

No comments: